Faraway Files #145
Hello Faraway Files readers. As I write this it’s snowing outside my window, the Christmas tree is lit, the house is decorated, and a pinecone candle is wafting through the air. How I love this time of year! Christmastime is one of my all-time favorite times of the year. The lights, the décor, the smells, the magic in the air.
December also naturally signifies the passing of one year and the beginning of a next, with promise of new beginnings and new happenings. It can be a time of change, and a time of reflection. For me, as with many, it’s both…particularly this year.
With lots of change and new endeavors happening in my life, I’ve decided that now would be a good time for me to step away from Faraway Files. I’ve been riding the hamster wheel for a while now, and something’s gotta give! So, this will be my last Faraway Files post.
It’s been such a rewarding experience to have been able to host for this amazing community of travel writers. I’ve loved reading about everyone’s travels and experiences, but even more than that, making so many connections with other bloggers. No doubt our paths will cross in all the other platforms!
For this last post I am linking up my post on things to do in Seattle with kids. My family and I went to visit cousins in Seattle this summer, and guess what? We had beautiful blue skies! We enjoyed city life and all the splendors of outdoor activity with beautiful scenery, which makes Seattle one of a kind.
Onto favorite posts from last week! Erin says hers are:
6 reasons to visit Lisbon with kids by Grand Adventure Story
Top Tips for Driving the Road to Hana by Jetlag and Mayhem
12 fantastic things to do in Lugano with kids by Zen Baby Travel
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (see below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.