Faraway Files #141
Welcome back to another edition of Faraway Files. How is it November 7th already! The Fall, it seems, has flown by in a nanosecond, and the holidays haven’t even arrived. So let’s slow time down for a bit here, and enjoy the posts, articles and stories from travel writers around the world. If you are a travel blogger and new to reading this, please link up your post below!
This week I am linking up my post on the amazing city of Matera, Italy. Located in the southern region of Basilicata, Italy’s “city of caves”, as it is known, sits on a massive gorge and ridge, with thousands of caves carved into the limestone. It’s a stunning place, and almost too hard to believe that up until the 1950’s families and their livestock lived in these caves.
Matera is one of the most ancient cultures in the world, and this year is being recognized for its importance in Italy, and the world, by being named the Capital of European Culture for 2019. I haven’t been this struck by a place in a long time, and am very excited to show my post on Matera here.
On to favorites from last week. Clare says hers are:
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (see below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.