Hello travel lovers! Hope this finds everyone well and settling back into the Fall rhythm of things. The leaves are slowly starting to change in New York, however I keep seeing the most gorgeous photos of the changing leaves north of here and realize a day trip needs to be planned asap!
We did go apple picking last week at Wilkens Fruit Farm, which is a beautiful farm without the mass crowds, but the leaves were just starting to change and not quite there yet. I hope to be posting some pretty autumn pics soon!
This week for Faraway Files I am linking up my post on beautiful and beachy Madison, CT. Think Martha’s Vineyard or Cape Cod, but in Connecticut, just a couple hours away from New York City. It’s the best! There is something so tranquil and serene about this beach town on the Long Island Sound, that I’m a bit jealous of its residents. Plus it’s so convenient from the big city – I really just enjoyed this town so much.
Onto “favorites” from last week. Clare says hers are:
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (see below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.