Faraway Files #134
Hello and welcome back to Faraway Files! We took a little end of summer break, but restarted up again a couple of weeks ago. Hope everyone had wonderful summers, and if you’re a parent, hope Back to School is going/went smoothly. Ours has been nuts!
You would think for this Faraway Files I’d be linking up a post on my summer travels, but nope, I’m still backlogged to my Italy trip in Spring. I had an unusually hectic Spring and Summer, and wasn’t posting as often as I normally do, thus the backlog. But truth be told, I always love saving posts from certain trips for later – that way I feel like I’m still prolonging the reflection.
This week I’m linking up my post on the stunning city of Ostuni, known as Italy’s “White City”. This was one of my favorite towns we visited in Puglia, as it’s so adventurous and so unusually beautiful. I took a million photos, and have included the highlights in my post.
On to “favorites” from last week. Clare says hers are:
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (see below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.