Faraway Files #131
How is everyone’s summer going? Lots of traveling and travel planning? For us, it’s been a very mellow summer (though it’s only been a few weeks since school got out so late this year), and we’ve been hanging out on the Long Island Sound in our hometown, going to the farmer’s market, taking the dog for walks, and lots of paddle boarding. We got a paddle board this year and we are all hooked!
For us, our travel plans will take place in August. We’re going to the Pacific Northwest and later back east, up to Cape Cod. So very tame this year – no European family vacations! I did, however, manage to squeeze a quick trip to Florida in June to visit my good friend Colleen in Jacksonville, where she recently relocated. A quick 45 minute day trip away is the picturesque and European influenced town of St. Augustine. America’s oldest city, we spent the day there and had a blast. I’ve linked up my guide to St. Augustine below. It is like nowhere else in Florida!
Onto favorites from last week. Erin says hers are:
Faraway Files is a travel link up hosted by Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles, Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Hilary from HilaryStyle and Corey from Fifi + Hop.
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (see below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
What an honor to have my post on Farmers Market chosen as a favorite from last week! Thank you so much! I appreciate all of you running this travel link party!
Wow, thank you for choosing my most recent Japan article as one of the favourites in last weeks’ linkup.