Another week, another Faraway Files! I’m up as host this week, and for some reason it seems like a very long time since I last hosted. Perhaps it’s the end of school madness – by the time this publishes it will be my girls’ first real day of summer. Yes, school went late this year!
We actually don’t have major summer travel plans this year except for a trip out west later in the summer. Various commitments and my spring trip to Italy have meant no travel abroad this summer. I love being in New England this time of year – long, warm summery days – so I’m fine with it.
Speaking of Italy, I’ve linked up my post on Lecce, Italy, the beautiful baroque city in Puglia. I spent a day trip there, and had a fabulous lunch and stroll around the city.
Before we get to the link up, below are Hilary’s favorites from last week:
Top 10 Things To Do In Puglia, Italy (+ map) – My Life Long Holiday
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (see below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.