Faraway Files #123
Welcome back to another edition of Faraway Files – the weekly collection of travel stories from around the world. Here in the U.S. we are gearing up for Memorial Day weekend, the official start to summer. We’ve had an awful spring full of way too many rainy days, but finally this week the sun has come out and is going to stay out. So I am going to make this short and sweet and get outside!
This week I’ve linked up my post on the gorgeous Italian town of Locorotondo. This white-washed village in Puglia is as charming as they come, with narrow streets and alleyways all adorned with white buildings and pathways, and florals and botanicals to give it that extra pop. I loved ambling around this town with nothing else to do – it makes for the perfect day trip in Puglia where all you want to do is admire the Italian culture, drink wine, and wander aimlessly.
Onto favorites from last week. Clare says hers were:
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (see below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.