Faraway Files #121
Welcome back to Faraway Files, the weekly collection of travel articles and stories from around the world. Hope everyone’s enjoying Spring! Some people in my neck of the woods might say what Spring? It’s been one of those years..
However, for me, I managed to break away from the cold, rainy weather and visit one of my favorite countries in the world – Italy. I went to Puglia for the first time and did a bit of an experiment. I went solo – meaning without my kids – but went on a group tour with the travel company Exodus Travels. It was fabulous.
My group toured around Puglia and Matera, and everything about the trip was perfection (I rarely say that), and I’m looking forward to sharing my experience in the weeks and months to come. I have a lot to write about. My first post is complete and I’ve linked it up here – it’s a guide to the town of Alberobello.
Before we get to the link-up, though, here are Hilary’s favorites from last week:
Meeting The Burrowers – Hawk Conservancy Trust – A Bavarian Sojourn
16 Unique Things to do in Cordoba Argentina – Albom Adventures
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (see below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.