Faraway Files #104
Welcome to another edition of Faraway Files. Hope everyone is having a joyful holiday season! Like many of you, I love Christmastime. It’s one of my favorite times of the year, what with the festive decor, twinkling lights, food and drink, holiday parties, Christmas music – one can’t help but feel the magic in the air.
It’s an incredibly busy time of year, so we all at Faraway Files will be taking a two week break after today (December 19th and 26th), and will resume January 3rd. Speaking of the new year, how is everyone’s travel plans shaping up? I’ve only planned 1 trip so far – which will be our first trip to Turks & Caicos – and I’m in the middle of figuring out spring and summer travel plans. I’m an over-analyzer and it takes me forever to commit and nail down a concrete plan!
Let’s get to favorites from last week:
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (see below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too