Faraway Files #99
Welcome back to Faraway Files, the weekly travel link-up where bloggers and writers can share their articles, and where readers can soak up travel stories from around the world.
This time of year is always a big travel planning time for me – I don’t travel much in the Fall due to the many school commitments, but I love to travel plan. I’m currently working on trip ideas for February and Spring, but no major decisions have been made yet! I love to just peruse travel sites and see all the many options, and daydream of places I’d love to go.
Speaking of daydream, a very dreamy place we visited over the summer is the gem of the town, Niagara-on-the-Lake. Set in Ontario’s wine country, it’s all charm and beauty – the type of place you can just while the day away in with a glass of wine, excellent food, and green grass and vineyards to be seen for miles. It’s just 25 minutes from Niagara Falls, so should you be going to see the ever-popular waterfalls, make sure to take a day trip to this special spot away from the crowds. You can read more about it in my post here.
Now onto favorites from last week. Clare said hers were:
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (see below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.