Faraway Files #94
Hello readers and bloggers and welcome back to another edition of Faraway Files. I’ve pretty much been linking up my articles only during the weeks that I host because, well, Fall has been insane! Anyone with me? September was two seconds long, and Back to School took over in a major way with my oldest “baby” officially a middle schooler. What is happening..!
But I’m excited to get back on track with Faraway Files going forward because I’ve been missing reading about everyone’s travels. I’m sure there have been so many amazing summer experiences being shared.
Speaking of shared experiences, Erin’s favorites from last week were:
Five things to do with teens around Coniston, Cumbria | A Family Day Out
Ashgabat, Turkmenistan Risen From the Rubble | Wilbur’s Travels
Mekong Tourism Forum 2018: Thematic Village Experience | Kat Pegi Mana | Where is Kat Going?
The Alluring Wine Town of Arbois, Jura, France | Our World for You
This week I am linking up my post on stunning Telluride, CO. I love this town. It’s one of my favorite towns in the West, and all of America. The first time I ever visited it 20 years ago I was smitten, and now I’m so excited to be writing about it this many years later.
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
Faraway Files is a travel link up hosted by Clare from Suitcases and Sandcastles, Erin from Oregon Girl around the World, Katy from Untold Morsels, Hilary from HilaryStyle and Corey from Fifi + Hop.
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (see below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.
Thanks for the mention! Looking forward to reading about Telluride, I loved the bits of Colorado I explored in my backpacking days!