Welcome back to another edition of Faraway Files – it’s been a long time since I’ve published one of these! It’s been a hectic, fun-filled summer and my kids just went back to school today, so time to get back to business.
This summer proved to be full of fun trips, many here in the U.S. I took my girls to California for the first time for a SoCal themed trip, and as I’ll be showing in future posts to come, I believe this is one of the best spots for a family vacation. We did L.A., Santa Barbara and La Jolla.
I also re-visited one of my favorite towns in all of America, Telluride. Surrounded by the San Juan mountains with the San Miguel river running through it, it’s truly one of the most beautiful spots in the West.
Finally, we ended the summer with a trip to Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. As a New Yorker born and raised on the East Coast I can’t believe I had never been, so wanted to show the kids (and myself). I’ll be busy with writing all these posts in the weeks to come, so look out for them!
This week I am linking up my post on Venice Beach with Kids, and why it proved to be one of my kids’ favorite days of the entire vacation.
In the meantime let’s get to favorites from last week. Katy says hers are:
Daisy the Bus – Non touristy things to do in Lisbon with kids
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (see below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.