Faraway Files #84
I’m hosting this week’s Faraway Files and as I write this it’s the morning of July 4th here in the United States. Hope everyone – Americans at least – had a nice holiday!
Last year this time we were driving back from Cape May, NJ and this year we just came back from a fabulous trip to SoCal. I wanted to finally show my girls the California Coast and the Pacific Ocean. They’ve been to Europe a handful of times, but crazily never the West Coast!
We started off the vacation with 5 days in L.A. where Hilary with HilaryStyle showed us all around Venice and Santa Monica. She of course gave us a tour of all the street art finds, among many other things including good restaurants, street entertainers, shops and all around funkiness. We did a day trip to Santa Barbara and rounded out the trip with two days in stunning La Jolla. I can’t wait to get started on my Cali posts!
Congrats to everyone who were Clare’s favorites last week. They were:
This week I’m linking up my post on Things to do with Kids in Nashville. I never thought my first trip to Nashville would be with my kids, but it was, and surprisingly there was a lot to do!
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
HOW IT WORKS
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.