Faraway Files #81
Hi Everyone! Welcome back to another edition of Faraway Files. I am co-hosting with Hilary from HilaryStyle this week, so if you’re a blogger wanting to link up a post you can head on over to her blog.
How’s everyone’s summer going? My kids still have another week and a half of school left so it hasn’t quite felt like *official* summer. We’ve been very local and haven’t taken any trips (I haven’t been away since my last girls weekend in Charleston), partially because this is my favorite time of year where I live, and partially because my kids want to do as many play dates and sleepovers as possible before the school year comes to an end.
I always say this, but as much as I love to travel, I also love being home. I love my yard, my neighborhood, the people, and our location on the Long Island Sound. Nothing beats it this time of year! So we’ve been hanging around here and doing some day trips..one of which was recently to Governors Island in New York City. One of the most unique and fascinating places in all of New York, you can read all about it as I have a new post on it linked up for this week’s Faraway Files.
Congrats to those of you who were Erin’s favorites last week. They were:
Tahoe Ski Travel: Heavenly Mountain Ski Lessons | Snorkels to Snow
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with HilaryStyle.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.