Faraway Files # 79
Welcome back to another edition of Faraway Files – we are getting up there with #79! This week I am hosting, along with my co-host Erin from Oregon Girl Around the World. Grab your coffee or tea and stay a while and see what travel writers the world over have been up to!
How is everyone’s summer plans shaping up? We are headed to Cali in a few weeks and can’t wait – can you believe my girls have never been to the West Coast? They’ve been Out West, but never to the coast, so this is very exciting for them. We’re going to do a whole SoCal tour – L.A., Santa Barbara and La Jolla. I want to give the girls the classic California experience, with beach time, views of the Pacific coastline, and of course a little Hollywood glamour mixed in. So stay tuned!
Before I get to what I’m linking up this week, let’s do favorite posts from last week.
Hilary says hers were:
Ella and Sri Lanka’s Hill Country by The Scratch Map
Cowboys, Ghosts & Canyons: A Day trip from Las Vegas by Bright Lights of America
This week I am linking up my post on beautiful Charleston, SC. I love this city so much. It’s absolutely stunning, with all of its historic architecture and setting on the sea. My complete guide to Charleston will give you all the info. you need to take in the sites and charm of the Holy city.
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
HOW IT WORKS
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.