Faraway Files #76
Welcome back to another edition of Faraway Files. I’m co-hosting with HilaryStyle this week, and as I write this it’s 7:30 p.m. New York time and I just love that it’s still light outside. Yeah! Summer we are ready for you and all your warm, sunshine-y days!
It’s been a real Southern kind of spring for me. At the beginning of April my family and I went to Nashville and Mississippi, and a few weekends later I went on a girls weekend to Charleston. Both cities are fabulous and have so much to offer in their own way, but I will always have a soft spot for Charleston. It is the most beautiful city in America, in my opinion, with its stunning southern architecture, exquisite gardens, hidden gems, and setting on the sea. I love Charleston.
I can’t wait to start writing posts on Charleston, but I am still on Nashville! This week I’ve linked up my post on The Hermitage – Andrew Jackson’s plantation and home outside of Nashville. Jackson was the seventh president of the U.S., and here you can take a tour of his mansion, walk around the grounds and garden, and see some of the old slave cabins still around today. It makes for a great day trip activity from Nashville if you want a break from all the bars!
On to favorites from last week. Katy says she really loved this week’s posts, but if she had to choose they would be:
Sunrise at Haleakala Maui – Bright Lights of America
Best beaches in Goa – Travelynn Family
Coogee to Bondi Coastal Walk – Young and Undecided
Visiting Crete in Spring – Smudged Postcard
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
HOW IT WORKS
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with HilaryStyle.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.