Welcome to Faraway Files #73, the weekly travel link up for travel writers and bloggers from around the world. You don’t have to be a writer to enjoy this post, you can be a reader too. Come see the places, both near and far, people are writing about for inspiration, tips and vacation planning help.
I included this lead image of the bike and flowers because it’s such an iconic shot of Spring – something my home area of NY state still has yet to see! It seems every Faraway Files post I write, I’m reflecting on the latest storm, willing Spring to come. Well, this week is no exception! We had another storm this past weekend and lost power in my house, again! So I am desperately putting the good vibes out there to the digital universe and begging – begging, Mother Nature. Please send Spring and the warm temps and pretty flowers our way.
Thanks to all the bloggers for linking up your posts last week. There were so many that I enjoyed that it was really hard to narrow down my favorites:
The Ancient Gallurus Oratory by Travel Latte
Hiking Humpback Rocks in Virginia by My Meena Life
Discover Utrecht by Your Dutch Guide
Walks on the GR221 around Soller, Majorca by A Family Day Out
This week I am linking up my first post on our recent trip to Nashville, TN. Nashville is a lot of fun, if you haven’t been, and the energy there is contagious. My first post is all about Downtown Nashville and its famous tourist attractions. From Johnny Cash to rowdy bars to the famed Ryman auditorium, we packed a lot in.
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
HOW IT WORKS
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me (below).
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.