FARAWAY FILES #70
Welcome to Faraway Files #70. Are you on Spring break yet? We are almost there – one more day of school – and hopefully spring will soon be in the air. Because it’s been a long time coming! New York’s snowstorm last week really pushed me over the edge.
My family is doing a mix of things for spring break, including some local activity as well as our first trip to Nashville! I am so excited as I’ve never been. I always thought my first trip to Nashville would be on a girls’ trip, but as fate would have it we are taking the kids. So be on the look out for Nashville with kids’ posts coming out in the upcoming weeks..
I’m co-hosting Faraway Files this week (obviously), so let’s get to favorite posts from last week.
Clare’s faves were:
Lou Messugo – The Exotic Hanging Gardens of Eze
Cultural Wednesday – Visiting Middle Temple
Grand Adventure Story – Not Just a Beach Holiday
Hilary’s fave: Vaucluse Dreamer | The Fantastic Friday Market at Lourmarin
This week I am linking up my post on a great 1 day itinerary in NYC to the Lower East Side Tenement Museum and Chinatown. This was one of our favorite days out in recent months, and I highly recommend a visit to Chinatown for anyone visiting NYC.
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
HOW IT WORKS
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with Oregon Girl Around the World.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.