FARAWAY FILES #68
Welcome to Faraway Files #68. This week I am hosting the travel link-up and excited to be back in action and read so many excellent travel articles from around the world.
You see, I was out of commission last week due to the terrible Nor’easter that hit the northeastern part of the United States. My house lost power for 1 week, as did so many others, and the damage that was done to my neck of the woods was awful in some parts. Fortunately my house, beyond losing power, was o.k. and no one was hurt.
But it’s still incredibly de-stabilizing when you have no power or heat and have to go live somewhere else for the week, all the while checking in on the house to make sure everything is o.k. It really made me realize how much of a creature of habit I am, and how much I depend on routine, for better or worse!
I was supposed to host Faraway Files last week, but thankfully Hilary from HilaryStyle switched with me and so here I am this week! Let’s get to it. Hilary’s favorite posts from last week were:
Wynwood Art District in Pictures by Travel Barbie
Why there is no “Best Place” to see the Northern Lights by Snow in Tromso
Luxembourg’s “Kalktuffquelle” in winter by The adventures of Daisy the bus
And Clare’s were:
A Road Trip through North Norfolk’s Coastal Beauty Spots by My Lifelong Holiday
Where to be Inspired in Europe by Amy and the Great World
This week I’m linking up my post on the ski mountain of Steamboat Springs, CO and the reasons why it’s one of the most popular places to go skiing in the U.S. We recently spent winter break there, and it was fabulous.
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
HOW IT WORKS
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me – see below.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.