FARAWAY FILES #64
Welcome to Faraway Files #64. Can you believe we’re into mid February already? If you’re like me and prefer the warmer months, we are almost there – hallelujah!
The lead image of this post, of the Olympics, was sent to me by my fellow Faraway Files co-host Erin from Oregon Girl Around the World, and I’m so glad she sent it because it is very apropos of our upcoming trip to Steamboat Springs, CO. Did you know that more Olympians hail from the western town of Steamboat Springs than any other town in North America?
Yes, it’s true. In fact, Steamboat has produced 89 – and counting – Olympians. In 2014 the ski town sent 14 athletes to the Olympics. According to their website, there is 1 Olympian per every 136 people! Athletes from all over come to train at Steamboat Springs and make it their home. It’s all in the snow, they say, which is called – and trademarked! – Champagne Powder. It has a 6% water content in comparison to the typical 15 %, and for that it’s a skier’s dream. We can’t wait to get out there!
Onto favorite posts from last week. Hilary from HilaryStyle has given me her favorites from Faraway Files #63, and here they are, with an Asian theme:
The Temples of Angkor: Ta Prohm by Dotted Lines Travel
A Mekong River Cruise with Scenic Spirit by The Travelling Lindfields
French Pigeonniers: Little Houses in the Sky by A French Collection
This week I’m linking up my post on the adorable Swiss Hutte inn in the Berkshires. Located at the base of Catamount ski mountain, this low-key, charming hotel with an excellent restaurant proved to be our new favorite ski get-away. It had everything we needed, it was easy, and most importantly it was affordable, unlike many ski lodges out there!
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
HOW IT WORKS
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with Erin from Oregon Girl Around the World
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too