Welcome to Faraway Files #62. How is the wintertime holding up for everyone? Do you like to travel to cold or warm places during the winter months? I like to do a little of both. I need that shot of sunshine to get me through the colder, darker months, but I also love a good snowstorm and a glass of wine by the fire.
I’m looking forward to an upcoming winter ski vacation out to one of my favorite states, Colorado. I normally visit Colorado in the summertime, and am shocked by how many years it’s been since I’ve been during the winter. So I’m quite excited! I can’t wait for a good, old-fashioned snowy vacation, full of skiing (for my girls – still haven’t tried it again since knee surgery!), sledding, snow-shoeing, cross-country skiing and long, cozy meals holed up by a roaring fire. Bring it on!
Before I get to the link-up, let me share Katy’s, Erin’s and Hilary’s favorite posts from last week. Katy’s was Epic Trip to Milford Sound by Land, Air and Sea by Travel with Nano B and Hilary’s was Why Rotterdam Makes the Perfect Weekend Break Destination by Dalton Banks. They both also got quite a chuckle out of Ten Toilets by Agatha Bertram Travels.
This week I am linking up a post on our road trip to Cap de Formentor in Mallorca. Cap de Formentor is Mallorca’s most northern point on the island and is wild and rugged. The drive was beautiful, breathtaking, adventurous and a little scary!
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
HOW IT WORKS
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with me – see below.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.