FARAWAY FILES #60
This is my first Faraway Files post of the New Year, so Happy 2018 everyone!
We ended the year with our annual trip down to Naples, Florida, where I have to say I got away from it all whether I wanted to or not. Internet was down for the first few days we were there, making it hard to do anything blog related. Initially I may have been throwing temper tantrums, but that soon turned into some much needed time-out bliss.
Never underestimate the power of unplugging and recharging! Taking a break from social media and computer life can do wonders, especially for us bloggers. The 24/7 routine can be tiring, and every once in a while we all just need a break. So that’s what I did, and enjoyed every moment of it….on the beach…on the boat…in the pool…overlooking a pina colada. Laptop and phone were far out of site, and I was present. Amen to that.
Now I’m back, refreshed and ready. And ready to get back to all the wonderful travel blogging out there. So thanks for sharing your posts last week, it was good to get in the rhythm again and feel inspired. My favorite posts were:
Foodie and Family Friendly Restaurants in Eagle Rock by toddler to traveler. I think L.A. may be on the horizon for us so I was interested to read about all the child-friendly restaurants in this section of hip L.A. They all sound right up my alley!
2017: The Best Year Yet? by Truly Madly Kids. Megan’s personal account of how she overcame a cardiac arrest and soldiered on to have an adventurous and fulfilling 2017 was a positive and inspiring read, and how I hope to be in time of uncertainty.
The Heart of the Black Forest: Triberg by California Globetrotter. Though I’m not necessarily a cuckoo clock person, I was fascinated to read about the Black Forest and its history. Right out of a fairytale and winter wonderland no less!
This week I’m linking up my post Guide to Keewaydin Island: Florida’s Unspoiled Paradise. This Gulf Coast island is only accessible by boat and one of the most unique and prettiest spots in Florida.
ABOUT FARAWAY FILES
This is the place to link up your travel posts every Thursday. Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, to make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to places we’ve never considered before or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We love our link up and the supportive community we’ve created. If you join in, please reciprocate and comment on the hosts’ posts as well as any others that take your eye. If we see a pattern of people not joining in, we have decided that it’s fairest to all of us to remove the links of those posters.
So let’s inspire and share each other’s posts. We’ll try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
HOW IT WORKS
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time, until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, Oregon Girl around the World, HilaryStyle and Fifi + Hop. This week’s link up is with Suitcases and Sandcastles.
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all of the current hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@fifiandhop, @suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld, @Hilarystyleme) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Love Instagram? Share your favourite photos from your posts with us, tagging #FarawayFiles and we’ll add our favourites to our Faraway Files Instagram feed.
Check out our Faraway Files Facebook page too.